Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Day 8: Traveling Back to Milan

Today was a very lax day, since all we had on the schedule was to travel back to Milan. Before we left Florence, I spent some time walking around the marketplaces with a few friends. It was cool seeing all the things for sale, but it did get a little boring seeing the same things at ever single booth.

Afterwords, we all met at 11:30 to travel back to Milan. I slept on the train ride from to Milan. Then we got to our hotel in Milan, I slept some more. Basically I spent half the day sleeping. I know it isn't the best use of my time, but Italy was tiring me out and I needed to recharge. When me and my roommate finally got up, we got dinner with two other friends at a really nice restaurant a few blocks from it hotel. I was planning on getting some pasta, but once I noticed the brick oven in the corner, I knew I had to get pizza. I got a 4 cheese pizza and I think it was the best pizza I've had this entire trip. This dinner was also the most Italian meal I've had since we've been here, because we stayed at the restaurant for at least a good 3 hours, just talking and enjoying each other's company, like Italians do every meal. For dessert, we all split a tiramisu that was also really good that it was gone in 10 seconds. After dinner, we went back to the hotel and hung out with a few other friends. Overall, it was a relatively calm day.

No comments:

Post a Comment